Obituaries » Doris Staton Hale
Doris Staton Hale
On Friday, November 18, 2022, heaven gained an angel, Doris Staton Hale of Lynchburg. She was the loving wife of Andrew “Andy” Hale for 51 years.
Doris was a devoted, caring, and faithful to all her family and friends.
She was preceded in death by her precious little great granddaughter, Lily Skye, with whom we know she is loving on and rocking.
In addition to her husband, she is survived by her children: Marie Rowland and her husband David, Janet Dawson and her husband Joey, Sharon May and her husband Larry, Andrew “Jason” Hale and his wife Melissa, grandchildren, Amber, Landon, Brittany, Ashton, Korey, Kolby, Kortlyn and Emily, 12 great-grandchildren.
A memorial service will be conducted at 11:00 a.m., Wednesday, November 23, 2022, at Calvary Cross Baptist Church, with her son-in-law the Reverend David Rowland officiating. The family will receive friends following the service.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Doris's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.