Obituaries » Earnest Calvin Bobbitt
Share your Memorial with Family & Friends
Earnest Calvin Bobbitt, 91, of Forest, VA passed peacefully on Thursday, September 23, 2021. Born November 13, 1929 he was the son of the late Ampsie T. Bobbitt and Bessie Lee Hicks.
Following an honorable discharge from the United States Army during the Korean Conflict, he joined and later retired from the DC Metropolitan Police Department. Additionally, he was a weekend barber at the Kings Park Barber Shop in Burke, VA where he honed his love of jokes and humorous life stories.
He was predeceased by his two wives, Margaret Virginia McKinney and Frances Karnes Miller; daughter, Mary Louise; brothers, Freeman Bobbitt, Ray Bobbitt, Junior Bobbitt, and Bobby Bobbitt; sister, Sylvia Byars.
Earnest leaves to mourn: his brothers, James Bobbitt, Jimmy Bobbitt (Monnie), Grant Bobbitt (Connie); daughters, Sandra Pitcher, Veron Kalos (Peter), Amy Hook; seven grandchildren; eleven great grandchildren; numerous nieces and nephews.
In keeping with his wishes and requests, the family will hold a memorial service at a later date.
The family would like to express much gratitude and deep appreciation to the doctors, nurses, CNAs, and all other staff members of both Centra Lynchburg General and Centra Virginia Baptist Hospital for their exemplary care and compassion at this difficult time. The family also extends a very special thank you to his long-time caregiver, Curtis Staton.
In lieu of flowers, please consider making a donation to St. Jude Research, 501 Jude Place, Memphis, TN 38105 or Doctors Without Borders USA, 40 Rector Street, 16th Floor ATTN: Planned Giving, New York, NY 10006.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Bedford, is assisting the family.
Celebrate Earnest's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021