Obituaries » Elizabeth Lauren Cordier
Elizabeth Lauren Cordier
Elizabeth Lauren Cordier, 58, died in her home on January 3, 2023, in Crescent City, California.
She was preceded in death by her mother, Sharon Dawn Haynes Ballantyne.
She is survived by her father, Jonathan W. McCarty, and his wife, Wanda; her brother, Mark Ballantyne and his wife, Jen; sister, Stacy Grigg; and many other relatives and friends.
She was a schoolteacher and was adored by her students and co-workers. She absolutely loved her fur babies, and she will forever be in our hearts.
Elizabeth loved nature, taking a bike ride in the countryside, and cuddling with her fur babies under a warm blanket. She loved traveling and had visited many places across Europe as well as several states across the U.S. Elizabeth loved trying new foods and she had a weakness for French pastries. She loved learning other languages and spoke Spanish fluently as well as some basic French. Beth loved the sighting of Bluebonnets in the summer when she lived in Texas and enjoyed the outdoors in general. She had a passion for reading and creative writing. She also liked old fashion things and visiting museums and historical places. Elizabeth was a very intelligent lady with a curious mind who strived to learn about new things all the time.
A funeral service will be held on Thursday, January 26, 2023, at 12 P.M. at Lynchburg Church of Christ 19550 Leesville Rd, Lynchburg, VA 24502 with Reverend Ray Eure officiating. Interment will follow at Calvary Baptist Church in Concord, Virginia.
Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg, Virginia is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Elizabeth's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.