Obituaries » Hazel Williams Lockwood
Hazel Williams Lockwood, 100, of Lynchburg, passed away Friday, July 8, 2022. She was the daughter of the late Benjamin Murray and Hazel Williams of Chesapeake,Va. She was preceded in death by her husband, Garrison Tankard Lockwood and her brothers, Albany, Bill, Belmont, and Murray, and sisters Marie Johnson, Margaret Carey, and Annie Poindexter.
Hazel has one surviving sister, Betty Williams Potter, of Va. Beach. She is also survived by her loving children; Pamela Rieves of Youngsville, NC and David Lockwood (Denise) of Lynchburg, Va; grandchildren; Richard Rieves (Shantelle) of Clermont, FL, Scott Rieves of Harrisonburg, VA, Amy Rieves (Jeremy) of Youngsville, NC, Angie Lockwood -Boyd (Will) of Roswell, GA, Keith Lockwood (Heather) of Va Beach, Va , 10 great grandchildren and many nieces and nephews.
Hazel was a devoted wife, mother, and grandmother. She enjoyed being outdoors gardening and hiking, and indoors she loved to do handwork, and do anything that would help the family.
The family would like to thank Westminster-Canterbury of Lynchburg for the care Hazel has received over the last 15 years. Their expert care extended her life.
A memorial service will be held at a later date.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Hazel's life with a short message, photo or video!
Hazel does not have any posts. Be the first to add one
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021