Obituaries » Henrietta C. Slaughter
Henrietta C. Slaughter transitioned from this life on January 12, 2022 at Centra Lynchburg General Hospital, Lynchburg, Va.
She was born May 8, 1924 in Lynchburg, Va. to the late Jake and the late Hallie Cobbs.
In addition to her parents, she as preceded in death by her two daughters, Delores Cobbs and Annie Cobbs of Lynchburg, Va.
She leaves to cherish her memory two sons, John (Myra) Cobbs of Lynchburg, Va., Charles Slaughter of Hampton, Va.; two daughters, Ardella Jones and Joyce Cobbs both of Lynchburg, Va.; seven grandchildren; eleven great-grandchildren; and five great-great-grandchildren; and host of other relatives and friends.
The family of Henrietta C. Slaughter expresses sincere appreciation to the many friends who extended comfort, sympathy, and help during the death of our loved one, a special thanks to the doctors and nurses at Centra Lynchburg General Hospital.
She loved God, family, and friends.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
A private memorial will be held at a later date.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Henrietta C.'s life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021