Obituaries » Jacob Fitzgerald Cassidy
Jacob Fitzgerald Cassidy, born to the late Joseph “Pop” Kelly Cassidy Sr. and loving mother Judith Fitzgerald Dawson, passed away after years of battling mental illness in his birth town of Lynchburg, Virginia on November 6, 2022 at 42 years of age.
Jake was born on March 5, 1980 alongside his twin sister and lifelong friend, Jessica Cassidy Cooper. He was blessed with two older brothers, his late oldest brother, Joseph Kelly Cassidy Jr. and constant supporter, Joshua Daniel Cassidy. Jake is survived by his two children, Sierra Mikaylyn Cassidy and Tanner Chase Cassidy.
Jacob graduated from Brookeville High School before joining the family trade and performing his passion of floor covering and tile work. He loved everything sweet and never lost his taste for candy and Kool-Aid. Despite many of his medical challenges he never lost his sense of humor and was always quick to make a funny face to see someone smile. His strength was visible to anyone who met him and he loved fiercely. 333
A service followed by a family and friends gathering is being planned and will be announced to all.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Jacob's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021