Obituaries » Joy Anne Prose
Joy Anne Prose, 69, of Forest, passed away on Friday, December 23, 2022. She was born on June 1, 1953, in Woodstock, Virginia. She is proceeded in death by her husband Paul Clifford Prose Sr.
Joy had been a Sunday School teacher, Girl Scout leader, substitute and a pre-school teacher. She loved working with people with disabilities and helping them live a more fulfilled life. Joy was employed by Blue Ridge where she cared for and loved Pam Herring until the day she went to heaven.
Joy is survived by her three children, John Prose Sr. (Erica), Debbie Prose (Garth), and Shelley Childress (Todd); Grandchildren, Abby Trostle, Johnny Jr. and Jackson Prose, Kyle and Allison Childress; sister, Sandy Peters (Tom); and many other family members and friends.
A funeral service will be held on Thursday, December 29, 2022, at 10:00 A.M. at Forest Baptist Church. Interment will follow at Virginia Memorial Park.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Joy's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021