Obituaries » Kaya Mae Atkins
Kaya Mae Atkins
Kaya Mae Atkins, 20, of Lynchburg, passed away peacefully on Sunday, April 16, 2023. She was born in Lynchburg, VA on October 15, 2002.
Kaya graduated from Brookville High School in 2021. She had a love for animals and was very artistic. She also enjoyed music and spending time with family and friends. She will be missed by all who knew her.
She is survived by her mother, Kendra Atkins Elder and husband, Mark; father, Patrick Eli Bishop; sisters, Celeste Elder and Meadow “Mo-Mo” Elder; maternal grandmother, Susan Atkins; maternal grandfather, Joseph Garnett “Bubba” Atkins; paternal grandparents, Jim and Katherine Bishop; uncle, Gabe Bishop; aunts, Meggin Atkins-Snyder and husband, Gene, and Stephanie Atkins; cousins, Jude Atkins, Knox Snyder, Justin Simon and Jake Riedinger and a host of loving family members.
A private family service will be held.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Bedford, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Kaya's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.