Obituaries » Lewis Edward Kemmerer
Lewis Edward “Jack” Kemmerer of Bedford, VA passed on Tuesday, September 27, 2022, at the age of 95. He was born on August 7, 1927, in Richmond, VA to the late Frank Harker Kemmerer and Denise Elsie Bariaux Kemmerer. In addition to his parents, Jack was preceded in death by his loving wife of 61 years, Shirley Christian Kemmerer and his two sisters Frances Hagar and Grace Petit.
Jack was a retired home builder and cabinet maker. He is a member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church of Moneta, VA. The family finds great comfort in knowing his faith in Jesus Christ as his Savior.
Jack is survived by his four children, Janet, Jay and his wife, Jennifer, Russ and his wife, Debbie, and Scott Kemmerer; five grandchildren, Brian, Jason, Nathan, Austin and Lexi; two great-grandchildren, Remi and Bristol; also, numerous other family and church family.
A funeral service and celebration of Jack’s life will be conducted at 3:20 pm on Friday, September 30, 2022, at Tharp Funeral Chapel in Bedford, VA, with Pastor Danny Poff officiating. Jack will be buried at 11:00 am on Saturday, October 1, 2022, at Washington Memorial Park in Sandston, VA. To send condolences online please visit tharpfuneralhome.com. Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Bedford is assisting the family.
Burial Date October 1, 2022
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Lewis's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021