Obituaries » Madeline Mitchell Mitchell Howard
Madeline Mitchell Howard, 91, of Bedford, VA died Thursday, July 1, 2021. She was born in Moneta, VA on March 30, 1930, a daughter of the late Walker Davis Mitchell and Arneda Craighead Mitchell. In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her husband, James Henry Howard; her brothers, Davis Mitchell, Eugene Mitchell, Prentiss Mitchell, Roger Mitchell, Wayne Mitchell; and a sister, Harriet Mitchell Saunders.
Madeline was a member of Bedford Baptist Church. She is survived by two daughters, Dee Johnston and Dana Lotspeich; grandchildren, Emily Pearse, Adam Johnston, Tyler Johnston, and Sarah Sassak; six great grandchildren; and a brother, Elbert Mitchell.
A memorial graveside service will be held at 10:00 a.m., Wednesday, July 7, 2021 at Oakwood Cemetery, Bedford with Pastor Phillip Bailey officiating. In lieu of flowers please consider a donation to Bedford Baptist Church, 516 Oakwood St, Bedford, VA 24523, or the D-Day Memorial, National D-Day Memorial | Make a Donation Online (dday.org). Tharp Funeral Home, Bedford is assisting the family.
Burial Date July 7, 2021
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Madeline's life with a short message, photo or video!
Madeline does not have any posts. Be the first to add one
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021