Obituaries » Michael C. Miller
Michael Cusic Miller, 74, of Forest, VA, formerly of Stafford, VA, beloved and supportive father and grandfather, passed away on November 21, 2021. Michael was born on April 25, 1947, to Robert S. Miller and Mary F. Miller in Washington, DC.
Mike spent four years in the Army as a Mandarin Chinese translator. He studied computer science/programming in college and spent 36 years in the IT field as a civilian for the Department of the Navy in Bethesda, Maryland.
Michael is survived by his best friend and wife of 47 years, Karen L. Miller. He will be deeply missed by his children Jennifer (Christopher) Rawlings of Irmo, SC; Sarah (Brandon) Bate of Lynchburg, VA; Ryan Miller of Moyock, NC. His grandson Jackson Bate was the light of his life. In addition, he is survived by his brother Robert (Mary) Miller of Charleston, MO, sisters and brothers-in-law and numerous cousins.
Michael spent many days at his favorite hobby, fishing. He was a voracious reader and enjoyed trivia, playing games on his iPad and board games with the family. He was a sports enthusiast, especially following the Washington and Baltimore teams. Watching television and movies was also a fun pastime for him. He was an animal lover. He and Karen traveled to many parts of the United States and the world, including Jamaica, Barbados, Mexico, and Canada.
A private family memorial for Michael will be held later.
In his memory, contributions may be made to Lynchburg Humane Society, 1211 Old Graves Mill Road, Lynchburg, VA 24502.
Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Michael 's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021