Obituaries » Ronald Clifton Maddox
Ronald Clifton Maddox
With deepest sorrow, we announce that Ronald Clifton Maddox “Ronnie” our most beloved son, brother, family member and friend went to be with his heavenly
Father suddenly on Tuesday, November 15th while in the hospital.
Ronnie was preceded in death by his late wife Mary Glenn Maddox, father Donald (Pen) Maddox, grandparents Red and Dot Proffitt, Hollie Lee and Mary Kate Jane Maddox.
Ronnie was born October 19, 1958 in Lynchburg VA. Ronnie worked at Archer Creek for many years and lived in Madison Heights Va. Those who knew Ronnie, even just a little, lost a genuine caring friend who loved bluegrass, playing his guitar, writing his own songs, singing, fishing, hunting and making others laugh. He was so kind and giving and willing to help everyone.
Ronnie will be missed everyday by his Mother, Linda D. Proffitt, Sister Angie Bruffy, Sister Mary Ellen Hughes, step children Adam Staton, Danny Staton, Sissy Marie Staton and his loving aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces, nephews and many, many great friends.
Family will have a private service. In leu flowers, please send donations in Ronnie’s memory to Grace Baptist Church 337 Lakeview Drive Madison Heights, VA 24572
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Ronald Clifton's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.