Obituaries » Roselyn Brown Smith
Roselyn Brown Smith, 91, of Lynchburg, transitioned from this life Wednesday, October 26, 2022, at Guggenheimer Health and Rehab. She was the daughter of the late Frank L. Brown and Georgia D. Brown.
Mrs. Smith was born on February 17, 1931, in Lynchburg, VA and was a graduate of Dunbar High School class of 1949. Mrs. Smith was a lifelong member of Jackson Street United Methodist Church. Mrs. Smith was retired from Shewels as a seamstress and proudly continued that passion until her health declined.
Mrs. Smith was preceded in death by her husband, James H. Smith, Sr. son, Frank L. Smith; daughter, Joanne Smith Thurman; a grandson, Brian E. Thurman; and one great grandson: Kai S. Powell. Mrs. Smith is survived by two sons, Michael L. Smith and James H. Smith, Jr.; and one daughter, Joyce A. Smith, numerous grandchildren, great grandchildren and great-great grandchildren and other relatives.
There will be no services.
If you would like to donate to Roselyn’s funeral expenses, please click below:
or you may send to 1616 Taylor Street Lynchburg, Virginia 24504.
Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Roselyn Brown's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021