Obituaries » Sarah Emily Davis Stephens
Sarah Emily Davis Stephens
Sarah Emily Davis Stephens, 95, of Lynchburg passed away Saturday, November 5, 2022.
She was the wife of the late Earl Edward Stephens.
Born on October 11, 1927, in Amherst, VA. She was the daughter of the late Samuel Davis and Margaret Davis. She graduated from New London Academy in 1944. She worked at the Telephone Company as a Long-Distance Operator and the Training School as a Timekeeper. She enjoyed cooking and growing her flower garden, but most of all she loved spending time and talking about her family. She was a great and proud historian of her family history.
Along with her parents and husband, she was preceded in death by her two brothers, Sam Davis, Jr. and William Davis; a sister, Mary Margaret Davis Shelton. She is survived by one sister, Jean Davis Harris of Bedford; son, Eddie Stephens (Michelle); daughter, Sarah Linda Stephens Lindsay (Jim); her four grandchildren Jamie Lindsay (Natasha), Nora Blom (Devon), Brittany Sandy (Brad), Lindsay Stephens (Alex); and two great-grandchildren. She also leaves many cousins, nieces and nephews who loved her.
Sarah’s funeral will take place at 1 p.m. Thursday, November 10, 2022, at Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg with Reverend Bill Davis (nephew) officiating. The family will receive friends one hour prior to the service. Interment to follow at Spring Hill Cemetery.
Click here to view Sarah’s tribute video
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Sarah Emily Davis's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.