Obituaries » William DuVaul Braxton
William DuVaul Braxton started his journey of life on May 29th, 1938, born in Bedford County, VA. He was the son of Willie Braxton and Alma Braxton who preceded him in death along with brother John H. Braxton, Sr. and sister Carrie Brockenberry.
William attended Hutter Elementary School. Later graduating from Beford Training Center. After graduating High school William joined the United States Navy serving 4 years. He also worked for United Airlines for 29 years into Retirement. William was a huge Football and Baseball fan and enjoyed watching his favorite teams Kansas City Chiefs and LA Dodgers and loved traveling. He was a respected hardworking man a Father, Father-in-Law, Grandfather, Great-Grand Father, and Friend.
William met and married Bobbie Crutchfield who passed June 22, 1967. Then met and married Loraine Braxton who preceded him in death on January 17, 2008. Leaving behind four surviving children, Andre Braxton (Brigitta Braxton), Torri Pitchford (Kenneth Pitchford), Kelvin Braxton (Monica Braxton), and Alisha Bishop. He also leaves behind 11 grandchildren, 13 great-grandchildren, and surviving sisters Doris Braxton of Bridgeport CT, and Marion Phelps of Forest, VA.
A celebration of life will be held at 2:00 pm on Saturday, January 28, 2023, at Tharp Funeral Home Lynchburg Chapel. A visitation will be held one hour prior to the service.
Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate William 's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021