Obituaries » Alberta Rosser Lewis
Alberta R. Lewis fell asleep in death on November 27, 2022, at Lynchburg General Hospital. She was born November 21, 1929, to the late Sonnie and Annie Rosser. In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her husband, Edward H. Lewis of 36 years; three sisters, Margaret Gibson; Delia Ann Coleman; Hassie Randolph and two brothers, Sonnie Rosser Jr. and J.B. Rosser.
Alberta dedicated her life to Jehovah God in 1976. She was a member of Rustburg Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses. She was certainly aware of her spiritual need, and up to her death did what she could to fill it. She died peacefully surrounded by family.
Alberta was known as a very kind, and caring person. She enjoyed spending time with her family and friends, working in the yard, taking care of her flowers, watching nature documentaries and traveling.
She will be remembered for her generous spirit and cooking delicious meals for her family and friends.
Alberta is survived by five daughters, Savannah, Valerie, Ramona ( Avery) Terri and Tonnette, and one son, Ronnie (Ida); many grandchildren, great grandchildren and a few great great grandchildren; three sisters, Clytie Lipford, Melissa Rosser and Tillie Grant; two brothers, Fred Rosser (Vera) and James Rosser (Thelma) and a host of nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.
The family want to thank all who have been so supportive during this difficult time.
A memorial service will be held 1 p.m., Saturday, December 10, 2022 at Rustburg Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses
1291 Bear Creek Road in Rustburg, Va.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Alberta Rosser's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021