Obituaries » Audrey Jean Hylton Holland
Audrey Jean Hylton Holland, 94, of Thaxton passed away on Saturday, July 30, 2022. She was born in Bedford, VA on July 22, 1928. A daughter of the late Fred Olen Hylton and Catharyn “Katie” Shores Hylton. In addition to her parents Audrey was preceded in death by her husband, Billy Wells Holland.
Jean was a member of Thaxton Baptist Church for more than 60 years. She loved her family and also loved to travel. Early on in life she moved to Riner, VA, and then moved to Bristol, TN during WWII. She was a graduate of Bedford High School and after graduation she attended Phillip’s Secretary School. Jean lived on a dairy farm for 20 plus years in Thaxton. She held only one job during her work career and that was with Rubatex in their Accounts Receivable department. She was loved by so many and will be missed each day.
Jean is survived by her two sons, Randall Wayne “Randy” Holland, and William Frederick “Bill” Holland: granddaughter, Kacie Marie Holland. Also surviving are so many friends.
For those wishing to make memorial contributions in Jean’s memory please consider Thaxton Baptist Church Building Fund.
A funeral service and celebration of Jean’s life will be conducted at 2:00pm on Wednesday, August 3, 2022, at Tharp Funeral Chapel in Bedford with Pastor Ethan Strickler and Pastor Randy Krantz officiating. The family will receive friends two hours prior to the service starting at 12:00 noon. Burial will follow services at Greenwood Cemetery. To send condolences online please visit tharpfuneralhome.com. Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Bedford is assisting the family.
Burial Date August 3, 2022
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Audrey's life with a short message, photo or video!
Audrey does not have any posts. Be the first to add one
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021