Obituaries » Barbara Ann Eggleston Jacobs
Barbara Ann Eggleston Jacobs, passed away, Wednesday, April 14, 2021.
Born December 11, 1941, she was a daughter of the late Emily and Charles Eggleston.
Barbara was raised in Callahan VA, and graduated from Dunlap High School. She was the youngest child in the family of seven children. Barbara retired from Lynchburg City as a Special Education School Bus Driver and was a member of Thomas Road Baptist Church.
In addition to her parents Barbara was preceded in death by all of her siblings; Sylvia Vest, Eleanor Hylton, Maurice Eggleston, Helen Morris Wright, Clara Mason, and Catherine Thurston.
She is survived by her husband, Gerald Jacobs Sr., three sons, Tony Jackson, Bill Jackson, and Brian Jackson; stepsons, Gerald Jacobs Jr., and his wife Kim; and Jerry Jacobs all of Lynchburg. Six grandchildren, and four great- grandchildren and a host of nieces and nephews.
The family would like to thank caregivers, Ellen and Janet with Centra Hospice.
A funeral service will be held Saturday, April 17, 2021 at 11:00 a.m. at Tharp Funeral Home Lynchburg. The family will receive friends one hour prior to the service. Burial will follow at Virginia Memorial Park.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Barbara Ann Eggleston's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021