Obituaries » Betty Ann Leftwich
Betty Ann Nelms Leftwich, 76, of Vinton and formally of Bedford, passed away on Monday May 24, 2021. She was born in Bedford, VA on February 17, 1945. A daughter of the late Aaron Nelms Sr. and Evelyn Lena Forrest Nelms. In addition to her parents Betty was preceded in death by her husband, Randolph Eugene Leftwich, Sr. and a daughter, Cynthia Leftwich.
Betty was a member of Mt. Zion Baptist Church. She loved pocketbooks, watching T.V. and her favorite color was bright Yellow. She was loved by so many and will be missed dearly.
Betty is survived by two children, Bridgett Leftwich and Randolph Eugene Leftwich, Jr. and his wife Stephenie; siblings, Aaron Daniel Nelms and his wife, Dorothy; Carolyn Hurt, Sandra Ludwig, Nancy Reed and her husband, David; and Linda Nelms and Aunt, Betty Rhodes. Also surviving are a number of grandchildren, great-grandchildren, nieces, nephews, and many friends.
A graveside service and celebration of Betty’s life will be conducted at 11:00 am on Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at Mt Zion Baptist Church Cemetery. To send condolences online please visit obituaries.tharpfuneralhome.com. Tharp Funeral Home & Cematory Bedford is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Betty's life with a short message, photo or video!
Betty does not have any posts. Be the first to add one
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021