Obituaries » Carl Roosevelt Foutz, Sr
Carl Roosevelt Foutz, Sr
Carl Foutz Sr. 88 of Stewartsville (Vinton, VA) formerly had retired to Hastings, Fl with the love of his life; passed away on November 13, 2022 at home.
Employed by Blue Ridge Transfer as a truck driver for many years, Carl was a hard worker an avid hunter, fisherman, bowler, and card player.
He loved to scratch a lottery ticket and eat a little debbie cake!
He valued his independence and did his very best to get up and go until the very end of his life.
He is preceded in death by his Wife, Shirley Foutz, daughter, Julie Foutz, and grandson Adam Foutz.
Surviving are one son, Carl Foutz Jr., a very special Granddaughter and her family Nicholette (Aj) Vassallo and their children, Lilly, Gracie, and Axel Vassallo who were able to share their home with him these last three years allowing them to make many special memories together that they will forever hold near and dear to their hearts.
Granddaughter(s) April (Charlie) Sink, and their daughter Emma. Lisa King, and daughters Brittany Quiggle, Taylor Yopp, and Destiny Hoskins and their families.
Our family would like to thank Carilion Clinic Hospice and In Home Caregivers out of Daleville, VA for their help during this time.
A memorial service will be held on Saturday November 26, 2022 at 11am – Tharp Funeral Home and Cremation services Bedford, VA.
Ashes will be laid to rest beside those of his wife at Blue Ridge Memorial Gardens, Roanoke VA at a later date.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Carl's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.