Obituaries » Carlton Harris
Carlton Wayne Harris, 63, of Lynchburg passed away on February 10, 2022 at Lynchburg General Hospital. He was the son of the late Claude Harris Sr. and Betty Elam Harris. Carlton was proud to be a graduate of Brookville High School Class of 1976. He was employed by Bonduarant Construction for over 20 years. Carlton was a jack of all trades and would not hesitate to help anyone that needed his expertise. Mr. Harris loved animals of all kinds, the Smokey Mountains, NASCAR, and Mustangs.
Carlton was preceded in death by his parents and his loving wife Christy Hillman Harris. He is survived by his sons; Michael Carter Jr. and his wife Linsey of Rustburg and Craig Newman of Forest, one daughter; Regina McHenry and her husband Ricky of Lockport, New York, six grandchildren; Zane Mawyer, Taylor Mawyer, Clayton Boyte, Jayson Carter, Caitlin Pratt, and Ricky McHenry Jr., three great grandchildren, one sister; Audrey Cox and her husband Dennis, and brother Claude Harris Jr.
A visitation for Carlton will be held Sunday, February 13, 2022 at Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg, from 5 to 7 p.m. The funeral will be held Monday, February 14, 2022 at Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg, at 11 am with Rev. Sue Keen officiating. Interment will follow at Evington United Methodist Church Cemetery. The family requests that those in attendance wear casual clothing as that is what Carlton would have wanted. In lieu of flowers the family request that donations be made to a local animal shelter of your choosing or Evington United Methodist Church.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Carlton 's life with a short message, photo or video!
Carlton does not have any posts. Be the first to add one
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021