Obituaries » Clifton Scott Hunt
Clifton Scott Hunt
Clifton Scott Hunt departed this life on August 22, 2021, in Lynchburg, Virginia. He was born on March 24, 1966, in Lynchburg, Virginia to the late Eldridge T. Hunt, Jr. and Shelby C. Hunt. In addition to his father, he was preceded in death by his brother, Loal Bruce Hunt.
He is survived by his son, Joseph Jamison “JJ” Hunt; mother, Shelby C. Hunt; brothers, Eldridge Thomas Hunt, III (Bett) of Lynchburg: Terry Hunt (Marina) of Virginia Beach and sister, Lauri Foutz (Timothy) of Roanoke; nieces and nephews, Eldridge Thomas Hunt, IV, Christopher L. Hunt, Victoria A. Hunt, Terence Alexander Hunt, Matthew L. Hunt, and Isabelle G. Hunt; aunts, Slyvia Jane Gibson of Dry Fork and Theresa Clifton of Tazewell.
Scott graduated from Brookville High School in 1984, continued his education at Bridgewater College and graduated in 1989. He worked for Frito-Lay for the past 23 years. In his spare time, he enjoyed golf, shooting sports, and watching the Pittsburg Steelers.
Football was a life for Scott. He started playing for the Brookville Comets when he was 7 and continued playing for Brookville and Bridgewater College. Upon returning to Lynchburg, he began coaching the Comets and was currently on the coaching staff at Brookville High School.
A memorial service will be held at Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg on Sunday, August 29, 2021, at 3 p.m. The family will receive visitors the hour prior to the service beginning at 2 p.m.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Clifton 's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.