Obituaries » David Lee St. John
David Lee St. John
David Lee St. John, 85, of Lynchburg, Virginia passed away on March 7, 2023. He was the son of the late Thomas Lee and Rozelle St. John. He was the loving husband of Mary Ann Collie St. John for 60 years.
David was born on August 16, 1937, in Charlotte County, Virginia. He retired from A&P Grocery Store after working there for over 28 years. After retirement, he and his wife owned and operated D&M Furniture for 23 years.
He attended Chestnut Hill Baptist Church. David enjoyed spending time with his family and loved spending time in his garden.
In addition to his wife, David is survived by his children, Jeff St. John (Valerie) and Tina Brightwell (Mark); grandchildren, Brandi Wright (Chris), Alden St. John (Jessica), and Molly Brightwell; and great-grandchildren, Michael Wright and Silas St. John.
A celebration of life service will be held at Tharp Funeral Home on Saturday, March 11, 2023 at 12:00 PM with Pastor Ian McManamey officiating. A visitation will be held one hour prior.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Alzheimer’s Association.
Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate David Lee's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.