Obituaries » Dennis Graves
On Thursday, May 12, 2022, Dennis Graves, 57, slipped away peacefully and went home to live with his heavenly father. Dennis was born on April 12, 1965, in Lynchburg VA to the late Margaret Graves and was raised by the late Ethel H. Patrick. He was baptized at an early age at Organ Chapel CME Church in Gladys VA. He was educated in the Campbell County School system. In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by his son, Dennis Pannell.
You didn’t often catch Dennis without a smile on his face. His laugh was quite infectious. We will miss the joy he brought to all our lives. We will never forget Dennis but we are grateful for a God who promised that we will see him again one day.
He leaves to cherish his memory, his children, Contrez Graves (Alexis), and Amanda Marie Spinner both of Lynchburg VA; his beloved grandchildren, Tatyana Pannell of North Carolina, Miranda, Contrez Jr, Ona’layah, Cuintrae, & Ona’ziyah Graves, and Kadyn Edward Furline all of Lynchburg; his sisters, Nancy Graves, Renee Smith (Brian), Dianne Poindexter and Crystal Johnson (Jeremy), all of Lynchburg, Cindy Watts and Shirley Lovelace, both of Evington VA, and Sandra Smith of Washington DC; his brothers, Thomas Graves and James Moorman of Lynchburg; and a host of aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, cousins, family members and friends.
Special thanks to the doctors, nurses, and staff of Lynchburg General Hospital Pulmonary Unit. The care, concern and love you gave will never be forgotten.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Dennis's life with a short message, photo or video!
Dennis does not have any posts. Be the first to add one
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021