Obituaries » Douglas Wayne Freeman
Douglas Wayne Freeman, 72, of Forest, passed away on Friday, September 16, 2022, at Roanoke Memorial Hospital. He was born on December 25, 1949, in Lynchburg to the late Lacy Freeman and Sally Ann Coleman Freeman.
He is survived by his loving wife of 53 years, Anne Coleman Freeman; children, Teresa Freeman Garraghty and husband, Tony, Daniel Wayne Freeman and wife, Shelley; grandchildren, Katelen, Connor, Emily, Chase and Luke, and many nieces, nephews, cousins, and friends.
Douglas worked for many years as a heavy equipment operator. He was gifted in working on his cars and enjoyed riding his motorcycle. He also loved watching old westerns especially John Wayne. Most of all he loved spending time with his children, grandchildren and two dogs, Andy, and Amos.
Memorial Contributions may be made in Douglas’s memory to the American Cancer Society American Cancer Society
The family will receive friends on Saturday, September 24, 2022, at Tharp Funeral Home, Bedford from 1:00 pm until 3:00 pm and at other times at the home of Teresa.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Bedford, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Douglas's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021