Obituaries » Ernest Titus Craig
Ernest Titus Craig
Ernest T. Craig, 73, of Bedford passed away on Saturday, September 3, 2022. He was born in Bedford, VA on April 13, 1949. A son of the late Virgil Ernest Craig and Frances Kazia Henrietta Crouch Craig. In addition to his parents Ernest was preceded in death by his daughter, Laurie Anne Craig Overstreet.
Ernest served his country in the United States Army during Vietnam. He was very proud of his service and being a veteran. He was retired from Schwan’s Home Delivery service. He loved to collect old clocks. He also in previous years enjoyed the outdoors while hunting. His favorite time was spent with his family, friends and his loving four-legged companions, his dogs.
Ernest is survived by his loving wife, Pansy Carter Craig; son, Michael Ernest Craig (Jessica); siblings, Luanne Craig Weidner (David), Rachel Craig Bryant, Mary Craig Love, Gerald Davis Craig (Rebecca), Cathy Craig Carson (William, Jr.) and Virgil Elisha Craig (Valerie); also surviving are numerous nieces, nephews, cousins, and friends, especially, Sue and Rick Gatton and Sylvia and Jack King.
For those wishing to make memorial contributions in Ernest’s memory please consider the Bedford Humane Society.
The family will receive friend from 6:00 until 8:00pm on Thursday, September 8, 2022, at Tharp Funeral Home in Bedford. To send condolences online please visit tharpfuneralhome.com. Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Bedford is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Ernest 's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.