Obituaries » Faye Scott Wells
Faye Scott Wells, 74, of Forest, VA, went to be with her Lord on Monday, October 31, 2022, with her family by her side.
Born December 2, 1947 in Lynchburg a daughter of Mary Anne Hamlett and the late Garland Moon Hamlett.
She was a charter member of Heritage Baptist Church and devoted to her family, always taking care of them. She was well known for her wonderful cooking and the tasty beautiful cakes she made.
Faye, was preceded in death by her father and first husband Paul Wesley Scott, a brother Morris Hamlett and a sister, Judith Pouyan.
In addition to her mother and husband, Lawrence O. Wells, she is survived by her children: Christopher A. Scott Sr. & Kara of Lynchburg, W. Brent Scott of Evington, and Paula S. Deberny & Denis of Lynchburg; and many stepchildren, grandchildren and great grandchildren and step great grandchildren.
The family will receive friends today Thursday, November 3, 2022 6:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. at Heritage Baptist Church.
A celebration of Faye’s life will be conducted at 11:00 a.m. on Friday, November 4, 2022, at Heritage Baptist Church.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Faye Scott's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021