Obituaries » Frances Mays Slaughter
Frances Jean Mays Slaughter, 62, of Lynchburg, Virginia gained her wings at 8:50 pm on June 28, 2022. She was born on June 12, 1960 daughter to the late William Elmer Mays and Ella Mae Branham Mays of Amherst, Virginia. In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by two sisters, Ann and Lorraine, and a brother, Jamie.
She is survived by her loving and devoted husband, Bobby G. Slaughter of 29 years and her daughters, Teresa Pannell (Gerald) of Rex, GA and Donna Mays (Fiancé Jesse) of Appomattox, VA, her grandson (whom she adored) James Mays, of Rex, GA, her Aunt Louise Branham of Monroe Virginia, stepchildren – Broderick Slaughter, Taunya Bryant, and Cedrick Slaughter of Lynchburg, Virginia, step grandchildren, brothers and sisters, and a host of nieces and nephews.
Frances was a faithful member of Scott Zion Baptist Church in Madison Heights, Virginia where she served on the following boards/ministries: Usher Board, Deaconess Board, Pastor’s Aide, Kitchen Ministry and Flower Club. She was a proud member of the Monacan Indian Nation.
Frances retired from Central Virginia Training Center as a Direct Support Professional/Recreational Aid after twenty-eight years of service. She loved caring for persons with disabilities and taking them out into the community. Frances enjoyed working with her co-workers and considered them family. Frances loved to cook and loved sharing that meal with others. She was a blessing to those around her and will truly be missed.
A memorial service will be held at 2:00 PM on Tuesday, July 5, 2022, at Tharp Funeral Home Chapel.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Frances Mays's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021