Obituaries » Frank George Branch, Sr.
Frank George Branch, Sr., 79, of Big Island, VA, passed away on November 10, 2022, at his residence. He was born on June 3, 1943, to the late Wilber Homer Branch and Katherine Campbell Branch. In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by his daughter, Valorie Sue Branch; brother, Roger Branch and an infant twin sister.
He was a retired ironworker. He was an avid outdoorsman, fisherman and gardener. He will be missed by all who knew him.
Frank is survived by his wife of 51 years, Barbara Hicks Branch; son, Frank Branch, Jr (Christi); grandchildren, Jessica Winegar of FL, Jarrett Branch, Brittany Pierce, Richmond, VA and Timmy Pierce, Lynchburg, VA; siblings, David Branch of Big Island, Emma Jean Markham (Earnest “Blue”) of Big Island, Sherry Byers (Gary) of Big Island, Rosalita Rice of Coleman Falls, and Velma Simpson (Eddie) of Gretna and lifelong friend of 71 years, Sammy Goff.
In lieu of flowers, please consider donating to the Big Island Fire Department and the Big Island Emergency Crew.
A funeral service will be conducted at 11:00 am on Tuesday, November 15, 2022, at Hunting Creek Baptist Church with the Rev. Ken Bledsoe officiating. Interment will follow in the church cemetery. The family will receive friends one hour prior to the service starting at 10:00 am.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Bedford, is assisting the family. To send online condolences please visit tharpfuneralhome.com.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Frank's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021