Obituaries » Hazel Whittaker Mitchell
Hazel Whittaker Mitchell
Hazel Whittaker Mitchell, 88, of Lynchburg, Virginia passed away on Saturday, February 4, 2023. She was the wife of the late Harvey Mitchell.
Born on June 27, 1934, in Bedford County, a daughter of the late Roy Clifton Whittaker and Myrtle Dove Colbird Whittaker.
Hazel had worked for Lynchburg City Schools for over 25 years until her retirement.
She is survived by her children, Myra Franklin and husband, Thomas, Charles Padgett II, Janet Frye, and Phyllis Watts; nine grandchildren, numerous great-grandchildren, siblings, Margaret Pruitt, Kelly Whittaker, and Daniel Whittaker.
In addition to her husband and parents, Hazel is predeceased by two sons, Timothy Padgett and Randall Padgett: three brothers, Noah Whittaker, Herman Whittaker, and William Whittaker.
A visitation will be held on Tuesday, February 7, 2023, from 6:00 -8:00 pm at Tharp Funeral Home. A funeral service will be held on Wednesday, February 8, 2023, at 1:00 pm at Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg.
Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg is assisting the family. To send condolences, please visit www.tharpfuneralhome.com
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Hazel's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.