Obituaries » Helen Lucille Ashworth Booth
Helen Lucille Ashworth Booth
Helen Lucille Ashworth Booth, 75, Rustburg, died on Saturday, May 6, 2023. She was the wife of the late Leland Booth.
Helen was born on December 29, 1947, in Halifax County, a daughter of the late John and Shirley Ashworth.
She is survived by two daughters, Joyce Ann Walker and husband, Mike of Martinsville and Jo Ellen Beverly and husband, Dwight of Gladys: daughter-in-law, Sarah Booth of Rustburg, six grandchildren, Jacob, Whittney, Jeremy, John, Derringer, and Avery: a brother, Lawrence Ashworth, five sisters, Peggy Andrews, Kathy Kelly, Mary Murray, Judy McCoy, Cathy Ashworth, and a dear special friend Laverne Worley. A host of nieces, nephews, great nieces, and nephews that she truly loved.
In addition to her husband and parents she was preceded in death by a son, Michael Booth, two brothers; Edward and Ray Ashworth.
Helen retired from Lane Furniture Company and was of the Baptist faith.
Per Helen’s wishes, there will be a private family service conducted. The family will receive friends at the residence of her daughter Jo Ellen.
Those wishing to make memorial contributions are asked to please consider the Rustburg Volunteer Fire Department, P.O. Box 206, Rustburg, VA 24588.
Tharp Funeral Home and Crematory of Lynchburg, VA is assisting the family, 434 237-9424.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Helen's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.