Obituaries » James Arthur Slagle, Jr.
James Arthur Slagle Jr.,90 of Lynchburg passed on January 1, 2022. He was the husband of Lucy Jane Wall Slagle. He was born on January 11, 1931 the son of James Arthur Slagle Sr., and Bernice Burnelle Mcdonald Slagle..
He is survived by his wife of 40 years Lucy Jane Wall Slagle; his sons; James Arthur Slagle III, Kent Manley Jackson Jr., and William Scott Jackson; three grandchildren; Mary Ashton Slagle, Kent Manley Jackson III, and Grayson Jackson; and nieces, nephews, and friends.
James was a veteran of the Korean War, a graduate of Ohio State University, and was employed by Babcock & Wilcox and Framatome for 40 years.
A memorial service will be held at the Holy Trinity Lutheran Church columbarium on Tuesday, January 11 at 2 p.m.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the Holy Trinity Lutheran Organ Fund.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
A memorial service will be held at the Holy Trinity Lutheran Church columbarium on Tuesday, January 11 at 2 p.m. In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the Holy Trinity Lutheran Organ Fund.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate James Arthur's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021