Obituaries » Kathleen "Frances" Moran McCarthy
Kathleen “Frances” Moran McCarthy, born on May 6, 1933 in Covington, Va. to Clara Belle Palmateer Moran and John Glenn Moran, peacefully passed away on September 18, 2021. She was a wonderful daughter, a compassionate and faithful wife to husband Bill, a great mother to Glenn and Mack, a proud and doting grandmother of Katie, a caring neighbor, a loving friend to so many, and the friendliest grocery clerk ever for 36 years. Frances is survived by son Mack (Jean), granddaughter Katie, and sister Nancy Claybrook.
She was preceded in death by her husband William L. McCarthy Jr., son Glenn Allyn McCarthy, brother Melvin Moran, brother Glenn Moran, and sister Helen Nicely. Frances was a member of Holy Cross Catholic Church in Lynchburg, Va.
A Funeral Mass will be held on Wednesday September 22 at 11:00 am at Holy Cross Catholic Church, 710 Clay Street, Lynchburg, Va. *Masks and social distancing are mandatory for all in attendance, per wishes of the deceased. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made in Frances’ name to the Holy Cross Catholic Church or the Bedford Hospice House.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Kathleen \"Frances\" Moran's life with a short message, photo or video!
Kathleen \"Frances\" Moran does not have any posts. Be the first to add one
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021