Obituaries » Layden B. Wood Jr.
Layden B. Wood Jr.
Layden B. Wood, Jr., 90, of Lynchburg, Virginia passed away on June 9, 2022. He was the son of the late Layden Wood, Sr. and Lucille Carr Wood, and the husband of Angeline Baker Wood for 59 years.
Layden was born on February 27, 1932, in Campbell County, VA. He spent his entire work career at Mead Corporation /Roctenn Corp. and was a member and former deacon of Beulah Baptist Church.
Layden is survived by his children, L.B. Wood, III (Rosie), Jeffrey Wood (Brenda), Larry Wood (Lisa); 9 grandchildren and 14 great-grandchildren; his siblings, Alfred Wood (Patsy), Sharon Gault, Isaac Wood; special friend and companion Joycelyn Arthur and many loving friends in the community.
In addition to his parents, Layden is predeceased by his wife Angie.
A visitation will be held 1:00 pm, Tuesday June 14, 2022 at Tharp Funeral Home with a Celebration of Life following at 2:00 pm. In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to St. Jude Children’s Hospital in his memory.
Interment will be held in private, at a later time, for the family
Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Layden's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.