Obituaries » Lewis (Danny) Daniel Craft, Jr.
Lewis Daniel Craft, Jr. (Danny), 62, of Roanoke, went to be with the Lord on Thursday, August 11th, 2022. He was a graduate of Patrick Henry High School, class of 1978. He retired from Norfolk Southern after 29 years of service, and he was a member of New Life Christian Ministries. He was preceded in death by Earlene Francis Craft (mother) and Lewis Daniel Craft, Sr. (father). He is survived by his beloved wife Cecina Katherine Craft (Cina). In addition to his wife, he is survived by his children; daughter Katherine Earlene Volk (Matt), daughter Elizabeth Craft LaPradd (Paul), daughter Olivia Faith Craft (Joseph), and son Graham C. Tate; four grandchildren; Jonah, Braxton, Harper, and Kate; two sisters; Misty C. King (Terry), and Sarah C. Blevins (Eric); niece Natalie and nephew Logan.
A funeral service will be held at 11am on Saturday, August 20, 2022 at New Life Christian Ministries on Airport Road with Pastor Gary Alls officiating. In lieu of flowers the family is asking for donations to be made to the National Kidney Foundation of Virginia.
Tharp Funeral Home and Crematory, Roanoke is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Lewis (Danny)'s life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021