Obituaries » Lewis Preston Hubbard
Lewis Preston Hubbard
Lewis Preston Hubbard, Sr., 81, of Madison Heights, passed away Saturday, January 28, 2023. He was the husband of the late Ann Fitzgerald Hubbard.
Preston was born On October 10, 1941, in Amherst County, a son of the late Thomas S. Hubbard and Gracie Lawhorne Hubbard. Preston along with his father owned and operated the Hubbard Fruit Stand in Madison Heights until his retirement.
He is survived by two grandchildren, one brother Charles Hubbard, and one sister Lillie Ann Williamson. In addition to his wife and parents, he was preceded in death by his son, Lewis Preston Hubbard, Jr., five brothers, and three sisters.
A graveside service will be held on Friday, March 10, 2023, at 11:00 a.m. at Meade Cemetery.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Lewis's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.