Obituaries » Lola Hart Steppe
Lola Hart Steppe
Lola Hart Steppe, 92, of Lynchburg, VA, entered heavens gate, Wednesday, December 28, 2022.
Born May 29, 1930, in Green Cove, VA, a daughter of the late Samuel M. and Bessie C. Hart.
Lola was a member of Heritage Baptist Church for many years and worked in the nursing field until her retirement. She loved going to church and spending time with family and her many friends.
In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her loving husband, Otis Steppe, son, Rick Kost, grandson, Bryan Kost, brothers, Lewey Hart, James Hart, and John Hart, sisters, Velma Wade, Ruth Wills and Bertha Lane.
Lola is survived by her children, Randy Kost, Tim Kost, Patricia Ring (Wayne), Susan Davis (Otto) and Carolyn Kost (Robert), seven grandchildren, many great-grandchildren, and great-great grandchildren, brother, Everette Hart.
A celebration of Lola’s life will be conducted at Fort Hill Memorial Park on Monday, January 2, 2023, at 1:00 p.m. with Rev. Dr. Gerald Kroll officiating.
Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Lola Hart 's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.