Obituaries » Mable Murphy Barber
On November 29, 2022, Mable Murphy Barber, 76, of Lynchburg VA, departed this life peacefully in her home.
Mable was born on October 9, 1946, in Bedford Va to the late Joseph and Claudia Bell Murphy. In addition to her parents, she is preceded in death by her husband Cleveland Barber; three brothers, James, Calvin, and Willie Murphy and two sisters, Joesphine M. Board and Earnestine M. Staples.
Mable attended school in Bedford Va and was a member of Washington Baptist Church.She worked at Central Virginia Training Center and retired after 35 years of service. Mable then started her dream job… opening a daycare in her own home.
Those left to cherish her loving memory are three daughters, Carla B. Roberts, Vicky Barber and Michelle Barber; one grandson, Justin Barber; one granddaughter, Lejoi Haynes, all of Lynchburg. A sister, Bertha Parker (Charles); brother-in-law Hugh Wright Sr. (Connie); devoted friend, Kathy Laughlin; and a host of nieces, nephews, extended family, and friends.
A funeral service will be conducted on Wednesday, December 7, 2022, at Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg at 11:00 am. The family will receive friends one hour prior to the service. Interment will follow at Spring Hill Cemetery
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Mable's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021