Obituaries » Margaret Jennings Fitch
Margaret Jennings Fitch
Margaret Jennings Fitch, 91, of Lynchburg, VA, died Friday, September 9, 2022. She was the wife of Harold W. Fitch for 73 years.
Margaret was born September 29, 1930, in Spout Spring, VA, a daughter of the late Samuel Thomas Jennings and Mirla Burnett Jennings. She was a member of Calvary Baptist Church on Timberlake Road. Margaret loved quilting, knitting, and sewing for her family and friends. She especially enjoyed creating preemie hats and prayer shawls to comfort those in need.
In addition to her husband, Margaret is survived by her daughters, Janet Fitch-Johnson of Thaxton, Sandy Jewell (Billy) of Evington, and Mary Garner (Nelson) of Forest; her sister, Carol Pollock (Jim) of Forest; and four grandchildren, Melissa Miles (Cameron), Shelley Jewell, Harold Johnson, and Gary Garner, III.
The family will receive friends from 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. on Sunday, September 11, 2022, at Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg. A graveside service will be conducted at 11:00 a.m. on Monday, September 12, 2022, in Evergreen Cemetery, 6870 Old Evergreen Road, Evergreen, VA.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Margaret's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.