Obituaries » Mary Jane Skelton
Mary Jane Skelton, 85, of Lynchburg, VA, died Wednesday, July 27, 2022. She was the wife of the late H. Jay Skelton.
Jane was born May 22, 1937, in Missouri, a daughter of the late Earl James Cole and Crystal Claiborn Cole. She was a member of Palms Presbyterian Church and enjoyed volunteering, charity work, cruising, bird watching, and people watching. She also enjoyed sewing, playing cards, painting, working with children, and being a Horse Show Mom.
She is survived by her daughter, Amy Elizabeth Skelton of Lynchburg; two grandchildren, Hala Skelton Buck and husband, Tyler Lee Buck of Forest, and Allena Brooke Boyett and husband, Drew Boyett of Madison, AL.
In addition to her husband and parents, she was preceded in death by her son, James Francis Skelton and her sister, Katherine Evelyn Albrecht.
A celebration of Jane’s life will be held at a later date.
Memorial contributions may be sent to Alzheimer’s Association, www.alz.org or The Mayo Clinic, 4500 Pablo Road S, Jacksonville, FL 32224.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Mary's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021