Obituaries » Noah Ronald Jones
Noah Ronald Jones made his journey into a new life on Friday, January 13, 2023.
He left public school at an early age, working and doing some traveling. He got his GED a bit ahead of his classmates, getting one of the highest grades in the state. He built a 24-foot sailboat and headed south down the coast with his German Shepherd, Krista. He then purchased a 35-foot sloop and continued sailing the east coast, Bahamas and dry Tortugas. For several years his girlfriend and young daughter accompanied him. He was much in demand for piloting and repairing other yachts along the eastern seaboard. He survived several hurricanes and many other storms as well. He returned to Virginia 3 years ago to settle on his land and spend time with family.
He is survived by father, Bill Jones and girlfriend (Patti Bailey); mother, Peggy May and husband (Alan May); sister, Molly Jones and boyfriend (Jay Wilkerson); aunt and uncle, Pam and Mike Grinder; cousin, Hayley Grinder; and numerous other loving friends and family.
If anyone wishes to donate in lieu of flowers, please sprinkle the love to the Park View Community Food Bank in Lynchburg, VA. Noah was always feeding everyone!
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family. To send condolences, please visit tharpfuneralhome.com.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Noah's life with a short message, photo or video!
Noah does not have any posts. Be the first to add one
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021