Obituaries » Philomena Ann Meola Furfaro
Philomena Furfaro (Meola) 86, of Amherst, VA passed away peacefully Thursday, November 17, 2022. She was the wife of the late Peter Furfaro.
Born in Newark. NJ on September 24, 1936 she was a daughter of Vito Meola and Clara (Raimo) Meola. From early childhood she was lovingly called Honey. After graduating from Our Lady of Good Council School, she married, raised her family in East Hanover, NJ and was very involved with St. Rose of Lima Church and their choir. She was an accomplished singer and seamstress. If you were a local bride she likely made your wedding gown, sang at your wedding and being and avid baker gifted you a tray of cookies.
She was preceded in death by her loving husband Peter of 49 years, her parents Vito and Clara, her brother Vincent and her beloved daughter Lori Pompei.
She is survived by her children, Sharon Shrader (David), Peter Furfaro (Cathy) and Clare Ives (Robert). She is also survived by 9 grandchildren, 3 great-grandchildren, 2 loving siblings and many nieces and nephews.
Visitation will be conducted December 4, 2022, 9:30-11:00am at Maguire-Scala Memorial Home, 124 Hight Street, Hackettstown, NJ followed by a memorial service at the funeral home.
The family welcomes donations to the American Cancer Society as an expression of sympathy instead of flowers.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Madison Heights, is assisting the family. To send condolences, please visit tharpfuneralhome.com.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Philomena Ann's life with a short message, photo or video!
Philomena Ann does not have any posts. Be the first to add one
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021