Obituaries » Rebecca Stevens White
Rebecca Stevens White
Rebecca Stevens White, 94, of Lynchburg, died on Wednesday, March 1, 2023, at Runk and Pratt Pearls of Life. She was the wife of the late Dr. William White Sr.
She was a daughter of the late Charles David Stevens and the late Annie Golden Stevens. She was a member of Rivermont Evangelical Presbyterian Church.
Rebecca is survived by her son, Dr. William M. White Jr. and his wife, Laura; her beloved grandsons, William M. White III of Portland, Ore., and Henry T. White of Lynchburg, as well as many nieces and nephews.
In addition to her husband and parents, she was preceded in death by a brother, Alexander D. Stevens, and sisters, Gladys S. Link and Ethel S. Womble.
Becky loved the Lord with all her heart and praised him all day long, frequently bursting into song. Second to the Lord, she loved her family, She and her husband were rarely seen apart and spent many hours together in his dental practice.
A graveside service will be conducted at 1 p.m. on Monday, March 6, 2023, in Fort Hill Memorial Park.
In lieu of flowers contributions can be made to REPC or Charles Stanley ministries.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Rebecca Stevens's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.