Obituaries » Ruth Jane Morcom Tomanek
Ruth Jane Morcom Tomanek
Ruth Jane Morcom Tomanek, 90, of Lynchburg, formerly of Forest, passed away Wednesday, May 25, 2022.
Born on February 26, 1932, in Amherst County, Va. she was the daughter of the late Thomas Edward Morcom and Bertie Bryant Morcom.
She retired from Bailee’s Department Store as a Personnel Coordinator after 38 years. She was a long-time member of Monroe United Methodist Church.
In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by four brothers, Leroy Morcom, Francis Morcom, Edward Morcom, and Burnice Morcom; and two sisters, Sarah Martin and Bertie Hill.
A graveside service will be held on Tuesday, May 31, 2022 at 11 a.m. at Spring Hill Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, please consider making a donation to your favorite charity in memory of Ruth.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Ruth's life with a short message, photo or video!
Ruth does not have any posts. Be the first to add one
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.