Obituaries » Santiago Melendez
Santiago Melendez, 87, of Madison Heights, passed away, Wednesday, November 23, 2022. He was the husband of the late Lula Elizabeth Melendez.
Santiago was born December 29, 1934, in Puerto Rico, a son of the late Cresencio Melendez and Dionisia Sanchez. Santiago honorably served his country in the U.S. Army and was retired as a chef from many years in food service.
He is survived by his three children: Wilma Hayes, Javier Melendez, and Beatriz Melendez, his granddaughters Bridgett Feely, Natalie Melendez, Lisette Melendez, Tiffany Borges, his grandsons David Carreras, Salvador Guzman, Thomas Borges and seven great grandchildren.
A Celebration of Santiago’s Life will be held at 1:00 p.m. Saturday, December 3, 2022, in the chapel of Tharp Funeral Home Madison Heights with Pastor Marvin Busie officiating. The family will receive friends immediately following the service.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Santiago's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.