Obituaries » Terry Dawson Ray
Terry Dawson Ray, 85, of Forest went to be with his Lord on Friday, July 29, 2022. He was the husband of Virginia Diana Ray for 57 years.
He was born in Madison Heights, on August 2, 1936, a son of the late Bernice Ashby Ray and Mary Daniel Roberts.
Terry served in the Virginia National Guard, was a member of Madison Heights Baptist Church, and retired from the Lynchburg Foundry. He volunteered for Meals on Wheels and was a lover of all God’s creatures, especially birds.
He was proceeded in death by his children: David Anderson Ray and Dana Carson Ray, and his siblings: Barbara R. Crist and Norman “Danny” Ashby Ray.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by his children: Karen Nelms, and Kendall Dawson Ray (Melissa), grandchildren: Carrie Johnson (Dion), Katelyn Bays (Landon), Haley Epperson and Megan Ray, brother: Leslie Perry Ray (Linda), sister: Mary-Evelyn Greger (Tom).
A memorial service will be conducted at 3:00 p.m. at Madison Heights Baptist Church on Tuesday, August 2, 2022, with Pastor Todd Blake officiating. The family will receive friends one hour prior to the service at the church.
In lieu of flowers, please consider making donations to Meals on Wheels or Madison Heights Baptist Church.
The family would like to thank Heritage Green for their wonderful care of Terry.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Terry Dawson's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021