Obituaries » Thelma McKinney
Thelma Wayne McKinney, 98, of Lynchburg, died on Saturday, April 16, 2022. She was born on July 9, 1923, to the late James Felix McKinney and Victoria Wayne McKinney.
Thelma was a member of College Hill Baptist Church, a retired secretary for the Lynchburg Foundry and a former member of the National Secretaries Association.
Surviving her are two great nieces, Victoria White, of Lynchburg, and Denise Burns of Madison Heights and two great nephews, Tommy Murray, of California, Jeffrey Murray, of Virginia Beach. She is also survived by her special friend, Bety Dare Pendry, of Clayton, N.C.
A graveside service will be held at Stanton River Baptist Church Cemetery, 2400 Ridgeway Road, Brookneal, Va., on Wednesday, April 20, 2022, at 1 p.m. with the Reverend Carlton Gunter officiating.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Thelma's life with a short message, photo or video!
Thelma does not have any posts. Be the first to add one
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.