Obituaries » Thelma Peake Arthur Hawkins
Thelma Peake Arthur Hawkins
Thelma Peake Arthur Hawkins, born August 19, 1930 in Pittsylvania County, Virginia passed away peacefully at the age of 92 on Friday December 2, 2022. She was predeceased by parents Roy S. and Maude Peake, and first husband Carey M. Arthur. She is survived by her husband Clarence Hawkins; daughters Kathy Jordan (Steve) and Aimee Foster (Anthony); grandchildren Beth Sperlazza (Elliot), Michael Foster, Robert Foster (Katelyn), and David Jordan (Gabriella); great-grandchildren Grace Sperlazza and Archer Jordan; and sister Marion Wainwright. She also leaves behind her special caretakers: Teresa Harris, Melissa Burford, Katelyn Cranford, Tonia Perdue, Cyndi Sanders, Carolyn Anderson, Teresa Hodges, April Tucker, and Roxanne Williams.
She was very active in Bedford Baptist Church, Keep Bedford Beautiful, and a primary teacher for over 31 years in Bedford County Schools.
A visitation will be held at Bedford Baptist Church on Wednesday December 7th from 1-2pm, with a funeral service at 2pm. Burial will be at Greenwood Cemetery at 3pm.
In lieu of flowers, please consider donations in her name to Bedford Baptist Church, Bedford Rescue Squad, and Centra Bedford Hospice.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Thelma's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.