Obituaries » Wayne Lee Davis
Wayne Lee Davis, 61, of Lynchburg, Va departed this life at his residence on September 23, 2022.
He was predeceased in death by his parents, Billy Davis and Katherine Hamlette Davis, his sisters, Melissa Davis and Rhonda Boo-Boo Robinson, his grandparents, Elizabeth Wood Hamlette and Eugene Hamlette.
He leaves to morn his wife, Matie Harden Davis, his two daughters, Stacey Powell and Sherrie Powell, one son, Derick Davis, two brothers, Herbert Davis and Timothy Davis, three sisters, Loretta Davis, Mildred Davis, and Diane Davis, a god sister, Donna Callands, his two best friends, Brack Hawkins and Edward Callands. He also leaves a host of nieces, nephews, cousins and friends.
Wayne was a loving brother, husband, and father. He loved to sing, praise God and make people laugh. He moved to Baltimore, Md in 1984 and joined the Mount Oliver Missionary Baptist church. He later returned to Lynchburg, Va to stay with his aunt Iva.
He will be laid to rest in the Lynchburg City Cemetery.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Wayne's life with a short message, photo or video!
Wayne does not have any posts. Be the first to add one
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021