Obituaries » William Edward Flowers Sr.
William Edward Flowers Sr.
William Edward Flowers Sr. of Madison Heights, passed away on Friday, April 28, 2023. William was born on May 1, 1942 to the late Albert Buster Flowers and Mary Frances Tweedy Anthony.
William was known as a nice man who was always willing to help others in any way he could. He especially loved his family and spending time playing horseshoes.
In addition to his parents, William is predeceased by Latoya Farmer and William Andersons mother, Pearl Mae Anderson; stepfather, William O. Anthony; and sister, Phyllis Lee Flowers Jones.
William is survived by his wife, Dorethea Flowers; children, Latoya Farmer (Brian), William Edward Anderson, Erick Napolean Soby (Tonya), Althea Douglas (Clint), Angela Smith, and William Flowers Jr.; grandchildren, Essence Anderson, TaeBrien Farmer, DeVonna Stephens, TaNaija Douglas, Jordan Smith, Jayla Claxton, and Markus Deangelo Soby; and many other loving nieces, nephews, cousins, and friends.
A Celebration of Life will be held on Thursday, May 4, 2023 at 4:00 pm at Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg. Interment will be at the Baptist Cemetery.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate William's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.